RE: Por 15

> If you have a clean metal surface, they sell a product that
> you can first
> paint it with so the POR-15 sticks.

It is called "Metal Ready", and I use it on everything because I always
scrape back to clean metal to ensure that the rust doesn't seep in under the
POR-15. It isn't a paint, but a water-based spray that has some sort of
(zinc-based?) chemical in it. You basically keep the metal wet for 15-20
minutes, then wash it off with water. When it dries, it has a white powder
"grown" on it so that the POR-15 has a rust-like tooth to grab onto.

Neal