RE: Por 15

I coated the inside of my Beetle's floorpans with it the summer before I
parked it.  Unfortunately, I didn't do the underside.  I'll let you all know
how it held up when I get into the restoration, but that will probably be a
couple years or so.

I was on the VintagVW list for about 5 years before I got a Scirocco, and it
earned very high marks there.  When I restore, I plan on coating lots of
things with it.  One thing to keep in mind is that you are supposed to
scrape off any flaky stuff so all that's left is surface rust.  It needs
something kind of rough to bite into, so it works best on surfaces that are
rusted, but only on the surface.

If you have a clean metal surface, they sell a product that you can first
paint it with so the POR-15 sticks.

Aaron
'87 528e
'82 Scirocco