Re: MK1 Gastank... HELP!

Are you sure Neal????  Here's something I'm wondering
about.... the MK2 8V tank I just put into the '84 only
had 2 hoses on top that connect to the expansion crap.
 I'm pretty sure the 16V tanks I've done were also
this way.  Maybe I can mount the newer style stuff?  I
guess a lot of research in the bently's might help.  I
haven't got Etka running on XP yet.  Anybody have any
plastic explosives or TNT?
-DM

--SNIP-- Daun wrote:
Dan,This is really bothering me, especially what Neal
said
about the tank coming from a carb'd car.  I've never
had a
carb'd Scirocco, so I can't figure out why that tank
would
be from one.  After mulling it over overnight, I'm
pretty
sure that tank came from an old green '80 that the
rearaxle rusted off of.Daun
--- DAN <sciroccodriver@yahoo.com> wrote:>
--snip--Randy wrote:
> The niples (on top of the tank) should be for the>
return line, bleed off
> hose (to the top of the filler neck) and the fuel
tank> breather gravity
> valve (right next to gas cap up in the fender
well).> --unsnip-->
> I apologize for not saying this the first time...
All
> 5 of the hoses I'm referring to go to the "thing"
> inside the fenderwell up near the top of the fuel
> filler.  There are 4 tiny hoses and one larger hose.

> There are 2 small connections next to the larger
> connection in front and then there are 2 more
> connections on the back-top of the tank.  The tank I
> restored has one larger hose nipple in front and one
> small one in back.  That's all on TOP of the tank
and
> everything under the "seam" is the same.  If I'm
going
> Dan May - Greensboro NC

=====
Dan May - Greensboro NC
1987 16V Scirocco
1984 8v Scirocco
1979 Scirocco -D.I.Y. Paintjob Complete!
1997 Tacoma 4x4 V6 Xtracab VWHAULER, 1972 HD Rapido
http://members.aol.com/scirocco87
"I love it when a plan comes together" - Hannibal Smith