Re: O2 Sensor Works HOW? was: Fw: RE:solder vs. crimp

Like I have said, continuously, I cannot PROVE this, I am not the engineer
that developed it, I don't have the blue prints for it, I learned of this
when I took the Bosch certification course (BAPS1, european).  I said it was
hard to believe, I said that you can still solder all you want, and I also
said that I would not say "I told you so" if you have weird O2 readings
after soldering.  I have never soldered a O2 sensor connection mostly
because the Bosch universal O2 sensor comes with crimps already on the wires
with heat shrink and a note telling you what to do (I said this too).
Anyway, now that I said this all again, maybe you can investigate this more
and give us your opinion.  Oh, wait, just read your bottom line.  Nevermind
all the "I said this, I said that" stuff. ;^)

Dave

> Dave Ewing wrote:
> >
> > Totally missing the point.  Solder all the wires you want, even use pipe
> > solder, I don't care, I just said that the wires to the 02 sensor need
to be
> > crimped as per Bosch.  This has nothing to do with strength or type of
> > solder or any other wires in the whole car, just the 02 sensor wires.
This