O2 Sensor Works HOW? was: Fw: RE:solder vs. crimp

Dave Ewing wrote:

> Totally missing the point.  Solder all the wires you want, even use pipe
> solder, I don't care, I just said that the wires to the 02 sensor need to be
> crimped as per Bosch.  This has nothing to do with strength or type of
> solder or any other wires in the whole car, just the 02 sensor wires.  This
> is why the generic 3 wire 02 sensors that you can get from Bosch have
> the crimps on them and includes a note on what to do.  HTH!!
>
> Dave

Is the WIRE really adding value via exposure to outside air  OR  is the
O2 sensor built with little ports or holes that allow for the sensors'
element to have an Exhaust vs Atmosphere reading?

I have trouble with the idea the WIRE needs atmosphere exposure. Don't
believe it.  It's my conjecture a crimp on is easier and makes economic
sense.

TBerk
sometimes Head = Knuckle, sometimes just Hard.