Shimmy especially when turning left?

So who else doesn't have a life on a Friday night now that
Julie dumped me for Larry...   ;p

No, seriously, on a Scirocco related subject...    I seem
to have developed a shimmy at around town speeds (and
above) in my '85 'rocco that I can't really determine the
reason for.  It mostly happens when turning left.  (The car
is in dire need of an alignment...)  I would suspect the
p-side front wheel bearing but I changed it about 3-4
months ago so I really doubt that's it.  Could it be an
inner CV giving up the ghost?  Anything else to check?

=====
Daun Yeagley - Wilmington Ohio
'80, '85, & '88 Sciroccos
'82 Pickup