8v to 16v wiring

I'm planning to do a swap from an 87 16v Rocco to an 86 8v Rocco.  Can anyone
tell me how straightforward (or not) the wiring aspect of this conversion
would be?  I've got the whole 16v car to pull parts from complete with all
electronics, injection and wiring.
The 16v was wrecked and totalled by the insurance company.  If the wiring
swap is a real pain in the ass, it might be worth it for me to replace the
front clip on the 16v and run it that way.

I'm hoping for a more or less plug and play experience.

Help!

Tom
78 Audi Fox GTI
79 Rocco
80 Rocco (future SOLO car)
81 Rocco S (parts car)
81 Porsche 924 Turbo (blown turbo)
82 Rabbit Pickup
85 Audi Coupe GT
86 Rocco 8 V (daily driver, future 16 V)
87 16 V Rocco (organ donor)