Re: Motronic conversion details

>Guys, which versions of Motronic eliminate the AFM? That is, the round
>sensor plate that blocks the air as it measures it? I'm considering
>upgrading to Motronic but am unsure as to whether those systems are all the
>same or if I have to get the correct version. If there are differences from
>year to year, please let me know. Finally, are the knock boxes in the CIS
>cars the same as what would come in a 91 Passat?

For the motronic, there isn't a seperate knock box like CIS-E. Everything
in running off the main computer. At least, that's they way it was on the 90
Passat i snagged my system off of. Also, don't all 16v Motronic setups have
a air flow sensor plate like the CIS-E 16v? I think it's only the Motronic
8v's
(2L Crossflows) that i have an air flow meter (w/fuel rail).

>MORE POWER! Grrr, woof woof...

But of course. I wouldn't have it any other way.
:)

Paul
87' Scirocco16v
86' Scirocco