Re: Motronic conversion details

I believe that the Motronic versions that we (the list) have been upgrading
to are the only Motronic versions with the CIS type sensor plate.  This is
why they call it KE Motronic (Verses KE Jetronic) where as pure motronic
F.I. systems have a version number after the word Motronic.  So, pretty much
anything other than the 16v Motronic systems will have the hot-wire type air
flow meters and not the sensor plate type meters.  I always thought that the
earlier BMW motronic systems were pretty effiecient and probably pretty easy
to find these days!!(and would be fun to try to make work on a VW---haven't
seen one yet!!).  HTH!!

Dave