Motronic conversion details

Guys, which versions of Motronic eliminate the AFM? That is, the round
sensor plate that blocks the air as it measures it? I'm considering
upgrading to Motronic but am unsure as to whether those systems are all the
same or if I have to get the correct version. If there are differences from
year to year, please let me know. Finally, are the knock boxes in the CIS
cars the same as what would come in a 91 Passat?

MORE POWER! Grrr, woof woof... Thanks much.
Scott F. Williams
Account Manager
GENUiTY - Eastern Region
100 Wall Street, 10th Floor