[OT] waterlogged DME unit question

As luck would have it, the last huge rainstorm we had sent water leaking
through the battery acid rusted hole in my 944 and waterlogged the DME
motronic brain box.  I was able to pull the unit and dry it, and the car
(fortunately) runs.  One person on my 924/944 list suggested spraying
electrical cleaner and coating it with electrical varnish to prevent
corrosion (I did notice some while I was in there).  Seems like a good
idea, especially since there could very well have been some battery acid
in that water.

My question:  Before I do this, can anyone think of a reason why I
wouldn't want to?  Seems like it shouldn't be a problem, but I just want
to make sure before I go squirting stuff into a thousand dollar part.

Thanks,
B.