Re: How do I get around this? (Motor mount question)

I had the same problem...

I used penetrating oil, lots of heat (propane, watch out
that oil is pretty smokey) and the biggest pair of vise
grips I could fit in there.

took a while but it came out!

hth...

good luck.

--- Daun Yeagley <vwdaun@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> I'm in the middle of replacing some stuff on my '85
> 'rocco,
> one of which is the dreaded passenger side motor mount.
> This thing is *toast.*  I FINALLY got the bolt at least
> broken loose, however the rubber of the mount "welded"
> itself to the bolt.  How can I get this bolt out?
>

> =====
> Daun Yeagley - Wilmington Ohio
> '80 Scirocco S,                Parting out:
> '82 Pickup                     '80 Scirocco
> '85 Scirocco 8v                '85 Scirocco 8v
> '88 Scirocco 16v               '87 Scirocco 8v
> '91 Passat
> "I am who I am. What else could I be?" - Lara Fabian

=====
Jason Adams
Fahrvergnugen Forever :) Oo=w=oO
84 rocco 16v
84 rocco turbo (project stage)
98 chevy Z71 (cause everyone needs a truck!)
...I'll try being nicer if you'll try being smarter...