Re: Urgent!!!--Wheel Question---Need Some Advice

>Hey listees,
>
>My friend has a set of Konig Verdict wheels that are the following
>measurements:
>
>16x7   4/100-4.50
>
>114.3*8        40
>
>I took the above off the Konig box
>
>Will these rims fit my 86 scirocco?  There are no tires mounted on them right
>now and I put them on the wheel hub and tightened the bolts and there is very
>little space between the rim and the strut....there is very little space but
>they do not touch the strut.  I really want these wheel because they look
>tough...much better than my 13" wheels but they have to fit correctly.  Any
>help?
>
>Thanks.
>
>Greg

If I read those numbers properly, I'd guess that they were (obviously)
16 inch rims, 7 inches wide, 4 bolt holes spaced 100mm on center with
-4.5 inches of back spacing.  Usually the last number is expressed in
millimeters of 'ET' (Approx. German abbreviation for offset).  4.5
inches of backspace will be quite close, as you've discovered.  Usually,
the A1 chassis likes close to 5 inches, especially in the front.
You could always use some 5mm spacers, if the deal is good enough.

==Brett

\/\/ '88 Scirocco 16v (Show), '92 Passat 16v (Winter+) | - brett@netacc.net