Urgent!!!--Wheel Question---Need Some Advice

Hey listees,

My friend has a set of Konig Verdict wheels that are the following
measurements:

16x7   4/100-4.50

114.3*8        40

I took the above off the Konig box

Will these rims fit my 86 scirocco?  There are no tires mounted on them right
now and I put them on the wheel hub and tightened the bolts and there is very
little space between the rim and the strut....there is very little space but
they do not touch the strut.  I really want these wheel because they look
tough...much better than my 13" wheels but they have to fit correctly.  Any
help?

Thanks.

Greg