On the issue of antifreeze and it's properties

I see a number of people who speak about using only H20 for their cars (I
assume street drivers as opposed to racers) during the summer and perhaps
changing to antifreeze for the winter.  Then I actually know of people who
run straight antifreeze.

Either of these two methods are ill-advised.  The proper antifreeze/H20
mixture will drastically raise the boiling point of the water, thereby
preventing boil off of the water.  If you use straight water, you will
constantly be refilling your reservoir (which may be OK if you want that -
you will also prevent corrosion, which is a great tradeoff).

Straight antifreeze?  No way.  Doesn't even need to be discussed.  Like
running 3-in-1 oil in your engine or something.

Redline Water Wetter.  I use this and think it is a great product.  It is
NOT, however, a straight antifreeze replacement.  It is an additive.  One
bottle per coolant system capacity.

-Phil