Re: [TECH] 2.0 16v into an 81 "S"

>The newer vehicles have the internal pump, but I'm not keen on why VW
>started using it. My 81 has never starved for fuel while cornering. In fact
>every VW I've owned with the internal pump has needed it to be replaced. How
>do you know when it needs to be replaced? It starts starving the system of
>fuel and buck like crazy!

OR, it is really loud and then some night at 1am it dies on the freeway
about 5 miles
from your house and cost about $75 to tow and takes an extended amount
of time to
diagnose since the pump still makes a noise and sounds like it could be
still working.
Once it has been figured out it will cost an ungoddly amount of money to
replace
since they don't have reman's and you'll have to call Mark and shell out
$180 (opposed
to my local price of $269 at the dealer, still the cheapest in my area btw)

Ask me how I know...