[off topic] was - Re: Leaking petrol tank - questions

Normally not very common, but my local area police have been running a
series of spot-check sessions recently as part of a safety campaign, pulling
over older cars and giving them the once-over. Usually, you'd only get a
check if they spot something obviously wrong and pull you over.  Big
commercial vehicles get pulled-over regularly to check for overloading /
safety and to check their tachographs - there are special testing stations
with weighbridges, etc scattered around the country. I'd guess it's much the
same on mainland Europe.

regards,

Ewan.