Re: Turbo Diesel parts, Fact or fiction..

"Langford, Cory" wrote:

>  OKay,
>
> Simple question for someone who has never played with turbos.
>
> Is the turbo from the TDI modifiable to fit an 8V engine (say JH)?

I understand they will fit but you may need to clearance the intake
manifold to get it to fit.

> I know there are more and more TDI's being wrecked, which means extra
> parts (like manifolds & turbos, etc) are coming way down in price,
> so a project to tinker with would not be that expensive. <snip>
> I thought the TDI "brains"
> did all that along with detonation, etc.  One electronic
> package.  Am I wrong?
>
> Any thoughts around playing with this type of setup?
>
> --

Well, starting with a low compression engine and not trying to boost too
much seems you could have some fun. Lets check Google;

<http://www.tdiclub.com> Nice FAQ and archive sections.
<http://www.frontiernet.net/~volvoic/turbokits.html>
<http://8vturbo.com>
< http://members.aol.com/kimhoff/index.htm>
< http://www-pal.usc.edu/~jan/cars.html>  Jaaaaaaaaan!
< http://www.newdimensions.com/ND_Gallery.html>  the big O.

Could look some more, but chew on this for awhile.

hth,
TBerk