From: Dan Bubb <jdbubb@ix.netcom.com>
To: Dan Miller <legalizit@hectorite.i-p.com>
Cc: <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
Sent: Tuesday, May 15, 2001 7:30 AM
Subject: Re: (not P.C. "n" word here) rigging

> Check out this dyno.
>
> http://www.tttuning.com/dyno/Dyno07.JPG
>
> I think the issue here is if you don't specifically isolate the filter
> from the engine bay and duct cold air to it you will loose more power
> due to hotter intake air than you will gain from reduced restriction.
> Dan
>

> Dan Miller wrote:
> >
> > I've thought of (heres that word again) rigging an intake for my rocco.
Ive noticed that the air filter acts as a gasket, and that there's a neck at
the bottom of the air box.  Couldn't i take out the air filter, put in a
handmade rubber gasket so there's a seal there, and (that word again) a huge
k&n cone filter somewhere where it's not in the way?  i imagine a huge cone
filter has a lot more capability than a flat k&n, and then the whole intake
hose thingy and intake manifold thingy can be eliminated, drastically
cutting down on restriction and help produce a deeper sound.  Does this make
sense or am i insane?