[tech] injectors

Motor: 16V

I think that I've found the cause of my bad "misfire" under 3000 rpm.  It
seems as though air is not being sucked in by the injectors.  In particular,
the air shrouds appear to be clogged.  The hose which provides air from the
air filter and goes to the head between the intake runners #1 and #2 does
not suck in air.  In fact, when I disconnect the hose at the air filter, the
car idles fine.  I tried blowing into the injectors and it seems like no air
passes through the shrouds.  First off, can this be causing my "misfiring"
under 3000 rpms and sometimes bad idling?  Secondly, can I rebuilt these
injectors or have they bitten the dust?

I'm thinking that under 3000 rpms the injectors are relying on the air
shrouds to provide air but once the second butterfly opens up, additional
air is being thrown into the motor anyways.  Hence, causing the "misfiring"
symptons under 3000 rpms.  has any one else come across this problem?  TIA

Sal