[mk2] it's mother's day (sunroof woes)

  the only reason i mention the holiday is because i NEVER had luck on
it. sort of like monday the 13th's. a dog took out the fender (and
rocker panel) on my '86 a few years ago and the bad luck continues to
this day.

  after spending two hours looking for a book on aquariums (and not
finding one at a bookstore), i went to my backup and found just what i
needed. only problem was that during this whole time my sunroof was
giving me fits. it didn't want to slide back properly. there were tight
spotsin the handle when i tried turning it. i finally got it titled and
left it that way until i got home.
  since i had to replace the gasket anyway (much nicer), i removed the
sunroof. now, seven hours later the thing still doesn't work right. i
replaced everything exactly as i took it out but still it'll only tilt
(and, now, grudgingly). make nasty noises when i try to slide it
(cable's binding). here's a small breakdown: tilts okay. get one crank
while letting it down then it seems to fall about an inch or so. not
good. it will close and seal. get about a half a turn to slide it open
and the cable binds. no go there.
  the things i did were: removed everything, cleaned and lubed with
silicone. cables were fine and not broken. the rails were straight.
everything looked good. replaced the rails and cables and everything
else, but still have problems. i even did the parallel adjustment (as
per bentley) and the height adjustment.
  i finally got tired and called it quits. at least my roof seals if it
rains, though i'd like full functionality back. ideas please?

--
 /\_/\	  Foxx (in a box)
< o o >	  http://foxx.tripod.com