Re: Shipping euro bumpers ( the neverending story ? :-) )

Hello ,

> Hi, Dirk.  Some guy on e-bay says he can ship euro bumpers from Germany via
> UPS for about $85 USD.  Do you think he's totally mistaken?
> http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=586882399

if so he must have a VERY special rate at UPS.

>From my own experience, the smallest possible packet
containing a set of Euro-bumpers is
157x25x35 cm and a weight of 18kg.

you can check on www.UPS.com the online calculator, using the
weight and dimensions given above and USA - Germany as destination.

Origin:    Stutensee, 76297 DE
Destination:    Clifton, 12815 US
Address Type:    Residential
Packaging:    Your Packaging
Currency:    DEM
Total Shipment Weight:    18 kgs. (Dimensional Weight applies to one or more package, billable weight: 24.0 kgs.)
Weight:   18 kgs.
Dimensions:   158x35x25 cm.
Declared Value:   DEM 100

 SERVICE TYPE  RATES *
UPS Worldwide ExpressSM

Total Rate (DEM)  436.28*
UPS Worldwide Express PlusSM

Total Rate (DEM)  512.21*
UPS Worldwide ExpeditedSM

Total Rate (DEM)  411.98*

on the other hand I havn't seen that it was UPS mentioned in this auction,
so I assume that the seller ships illegally with Deutsche Post.
I also did this in the beginning until they closed that Post office and
blacklisted me. The mentioned price of $85 points in the same direction,
as a packet of that weight & size costs about that amount to be shipped with Deutsche Post.
Again, it is NOT legal to ship it to the USA. due to U.S. postal international restrictions
 ( because it is longer than 1.2 meter )
But as this is only the problem of the seller/sender,
you have no risk to bid on this auction and just see what happens.
The seller has a good rating and has shipped bumpers before so this isn't a big risk either.

so I wish you good luck & happy bidding :-))  !!

friendly Greetings
Dirk