Sunroof Question

Anyone know if the sunroof from something like an A2 or A3 Golf or Jetta
will fit into the opening of an '88 Rocc?

After struggling with my second sunroof that the previous owners of this and
the other Rocc managed to mangle, I'm sick of trying to fix it and figure I
just replace the entire setup including the metal housing under the roof.
Then again, if that sounds like too much work I'll just get the darn thing
welded shut when I repaint the car.

Thx
Tobias

"SURGEON GENERALS WARNING: Sciroccos can be extremely addictive,
and can cause extreme rubber-necking, finger-pointing and gasping
in fellow motorists."
1988 16V Scirocco - Black
Cars gone to new homes:
1987 16V Scirocco - Flash Silver