Audi 3A 2L junkies, I have a Q

Okay folks, I am all excited again.  I may finally have the 2L out of my
wrecked 87 into my 82 and running by this weekend so I got to thinking and
came up with a few questions.  What is the compression going to be with the
Audi 3A and a 8v solid lifter head?  Also, is this engine an interference?
I figure it would be non-interference because of the solid lifter head, but
wasn't the Audi 2L originally a high compression with bigger pistons, thus
making it interference? TIA kids.

Jody Bailey
82 Scirocco 2L 8v -fire breathing, lowered, and loud as all hell ;)
http://www.scirocco8v.com