Sunroof Question

Anyone know if the sunroof from an A3 (A2 should fir right?) Golf or Jetta
will fit into the opening of a '88 Rocc? I'm quite fed up with broken
sunroofs ... I swear some people are too stupid to put it in the same way
they take it out .. thus leaving a defunk piece of #$@%!

So, if it'll fit I figure swap it out along with the metal support under the
roof (all the screw holes are jacked too)... or if need be just replace most
of the roof with that from another car .. or if that is all too much
trouble, just take the sunroof out and weld the thing shut and be done with
it (would be a shame since someone spent the time and installed a remote
sunroof opener button and wiring for a motor already).

TIAFAI

Tobias

ps, if my previous message macigally reappears, excuse me for posting again.

"SURGEON GENERALS WARNING: Sciroccos can be extremely addictive,
and can cause extreme rubber-necking, finger-pointing and gasping
in fellow motorists."
1988 16V Scirocco - Black
Cars gone to new homes:
1987 16V Scirocco - Flash Silver