Re: 81 rocco vs the heathens

Maybe I am getting too old for racing in the streets.. no stories.. sorry

----Original Message Follows----
From: "the mad bastard" <the-mad-bastard@home.com>
To: "rocco list" <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
Subject: 81 rocco vs the heathens
Date: Wed, 9 May 2001 07:48:35 -0400

     ok, so i'm rolling around my current hometown, looking for someone to
run.  this is a town FULL of toronto kids here on holidays (read as:
university children, doing anything but going to class).  enter, professor
bastard - here to school the ignant, and uninformed.

     let me start you off by telling you that when you see my car in person,
it looks terrible.  plain and simple.  it's slammed, but it's yellow
outside, and gold inside (there's a good analogy in there somewhere, but i'm
too tired to think of one right now), has no interior, and what interior is
in there isn't anything to look at.  oh, and best of al, the stock TT
exhaust "tip" is just asimple 2.25" pipe.  it's loud, and most people that
have never met the car in battle, assume that it is weak.

     enter late-80s 5L mustang.  my search was proving fruitless after over
an hour of lurking about the streets, and i turned my attention northward to
home, so i could nurse my lonely heart with MPEGs of burnouts and 1/4 mile
dashes.  suddenly, a worked audi 5000 came tearing around the corner at he
redlight i was waiting at.  following him close was a lowered 5L stang, with
dual boom tube exhaust pipes, and a hella lot of noise.

     both cats were heading south, and at that point, i was done with my
attempts at subtlety as i quickly threw the car in reverse and headed the
way my prey had fled.

     i passed the audi who had been hassled by the mustang, and pulled up on
the mustang at a set of lights.  looked at him, gave him the "wanna run"
look, and he said yeah.  unfortunately, it was a bit of a rolling start as i
arrived at the lights just as they were turning green.  so, we both took
off, but he had me by a bit, and kept putting space between us.

     by the time we got to the next set of lights, he was really interested
in running again, cuz he didn't wax me as he thought he was going to, so we
both set up for the coming of the green.  when it came, i led him all thru
first, and thru most of second gear.  he caught up to me a bit, and we went
until about 6500 in fourth, at which point, i was at the front of his
driver's door.

     all i could was grin to myself, cuz i've got those GARBAGE kumho ecsta
712 185-55-15s on my extra-heavy jetta trophy BBS rims.  these things are
pigs.  if i had my 14" MSWs with the yoko A520s, i know that i would've won.

     so, he motioned me to pull over and shoot shit for awhile.  i told him
what was under the hood, and he was impressed, and when i asked him what he
had, he said "it's basically stock...i just have headers, exhaust,
underdrives..." and something else that i don't recall.  that is not stock,
IMHO.

     OH, and one last quick story, the day before, i pulled up behind a VR
mk2 golf, after hunting for prey, and ran his ass.  kept having to get off
the gas to keep from rear-ending him.  we ended up talking for about half an
hour afterwards...

     ok people, i know you have stories, let's hear em!

jason
the mad bastard