Re: MFA swap woes

Dirk Schneider wrote:

> > How about yank the analog out and put a nice equalizer in there or something
> > :-)  no need for both digital and analog?
> > T Berk
>
> you must be kidding, aren't you ?! :-)
>
> why should I remove that cool 3-gauge panel
> that I got from Greg, containing the nice Audi-gauges that I got from Doug Teulie ?
> ...just to put in a tacky equalizer thing  - bah blasphemy ! :-))
>
> I still want my digital display in addtion because I hate it when something
> is not working.
> So I might prefer your second advice to put in a second sensor.
> Still I'm wondering if there isn't a method that is a bit smarter than that...
>
> friendly Greets & CU soon ;-))
> Dirk

Um, I didn't write the part about the EQ, that was someone else. I wrote
the part about a second sensor.  :)

Without some schematics I am at a loss to point a good direction to go
in otherwise.

btw- I have an A2  GTI w/ MFA. It has a two function stalk switch (in
addition to the button on the end that rotates the displayed mode).
Setting #1 (close into the steering wheel) is cumulative readings,
either reset it by holding it all the way inward (momentary switch
position) or it will automatically reset after some time frame/miles
elapsed. Setting two (outboard from steering column)  is instant
readings. This is a trip OD from the time the engine is started as
opposed to the long range one in Position #1. Also it has the
instantaneous MPG(KPL) that works kinda funny: If you reset it while
driving (holding it all the way out, momentary switch setting) it will
jump to 0 then up to some really high number like 45 MPG, slowly
reducing to a more reasonably understood figure.

So, do the Sciroccos come with the two position MFA or not? (This car
had no cruise control btw.)

TBerk