Re: [mk2] clutch problem

foxxinabox@core.com wrote:

> it's tightened properly, but the pedal still goes to the floor and the
> clutch won't engage.

I ASSume you mean won't DISengage, since you're talking about the pedal going
to the floor and nothing happening?

If so I just went through this.  My car would do this once every 3-4 months
in the whole 3 years I've owned it, but it would only do it once then be
fine.  Finally a month ago it did it again and then afterwards the clutch
wouldn't fully disengage, I had to shut the car off to get it into 1st or
second gear.  The tranny was pulled and whatever shaft is in there (I'm not
at all technical about what's what in there) was crapped up with coagulated
grease.  Clutch was 75% gone so a whole new 2-liter Sachs clutch kit was
installed.  Ahh, niiiiice clutch now.  Sounds like you could be having
similar problems..

--
Kevin Collins
Huntington Beach, CA