Re: 4-2 Manifold Question, Fuel Line Fittings

On Sun, 6 May 2001 15:17:09 -0500 "VW FREAK" <farmracer@mindspring.com>
writes:
> I am in the middle of an Audi 3A 2.0 Liter swap into my 79 Scirocco,
> and I intend to use a 4into2 style manifold- I have a manifold and
> downpipe from an 86 GLI- any reason I cannot use the whole assembly??
or do I have
> to use the old style non-offset 4into2 manifold with the factory
downpipe?

Neither the manifold or the downpipe will fit.

Use the '79 Scirocco exhaust manifold, and a TT long, or short, downpipe.

> also, how hard is it to replace the fuel line fittings on the lines
> in the engine compartment? I am wiring up CIS-E and the return line
will
> not bolt on to the pressure regulator, the fitting is different
entirely.
> Ken N

You can probably use the 16V Scirocco CIS-E pressure regulator lines.

I think you'll need the 16V Scirocco airbox, unless you plan on fitting
the A2 airbox.

Peter
'79 Scirocco 16V project car
'83 GTI "Caged Rabbit"