Re: ND ND ND (driving stories)

At 1:20 PM -0400 5/5/01, Shawn C Meze wrote:
>It was a true adventure in which I have no regrets except for the getting
>arrested part.

I drove to Waterfest 2000 from Vancouver, and I agree 100%.  I didn't get
arrested, but I did have a tire blow out in Bongtoke, Minnesota that caused
me a bit of grief.  In case anyone is wondering, Inflate-A-Seal won't
repair a 10 inch gash in the sidewall.  Thanks to Jason Cammisa, Discount
Tire, and dual-mode cellphones for saving my ass ;)

Anyways, my trip was 10,500km in total, and more often than not I was
driving for 12 to 14 hours straight.  That being said, it was the best trip
I've ever been on, by a mile :)

>Words of advice, don't go alone. The trip is more fun when you got
>someone to share the trip with. If it wasn't for Eric co-driving part of

Shawn's right - unless you've got a real trucker mentality, you won't make
it going solo.  I took my GF to Waterfest with me, and although she
probably only drove 3 or 4 of the 100+ hours, I couldn't have done it
without her being there with me.  One more thing - Lisa, if you do decide
to drive to ND non-stop, make sure you're well-rested before you leave.
Sleep debt is a killer...