Re: cams/headers/etc

On Sat, 5 May 2001 01:34:41 -0400 "Josh[deady]Able" <mkii@nycap.rr.com>
writes:
> Hey folks, another aimless question from me!
>
> What cams would be best for  1.8 head on a 2.0 block?
The 268/276 Schrick setup...

The new TT 16V cam set sounds interesting....

>The euro intake cam

The euro intake cam is the most cost efficient cam upgrade for the 16V.

> I've heard decent things about  AutoTech, claim that they keep a
> more low end than most other cams.

The Autotech 16V cam set is a little better than the euro intake cam.

> BroSpeed headers? Good?
> I remember a while ago somebody mentioned issues with their new
> exhaust and sway bar?
>
> Josh[deady]Able
> 87 16v Seidl

I think that was a TT race header on TMB's lowered Mk.1 Scirocco...
The TT race header is not recommended for a daily driver, at least not on
the roads around here.

Supersprint headers = Good, possibly the best, their resonator (looks
like a black cat)
is definitely recommended, or you can use an actual cat with it...

Another choice is using the stock exhaust manifold and a TT race
downpipe.
The TT race DP is basically a larger version of the TT 8V long downpipe,
with 2" primary pipes.

Keep in mind, the TT race DP does away with the catalytic converter, and
it is unusually loud.

Peter
'79 Scirocco 16V project car
'83 GTI "Caged Rabbit"