Re: injector seals

Subject: Re: injector seals

> > how do I pull the injectors to change the seals on my
> > 16v motor?  Bow Wow said I'd probably have to pull my
> > whole intake manifold, that sounds ridiculous to me.
> > There has to be an easier way.

> Bah. I just clamped the hex part with a vice grip, then used a large
> screwdriver to lever the vice grips against the manifold.

Be careful to pull the injector straight out.  I tried the vice grip trick on an 8V and ended up with a broken injector and came close to breaking a finger!  If the injector o ring has hardened (mine felt like stone!) it can take a lot of force to pull it out.  For the 8V there is a cheap tool to help remove injectors, I don't know about the 16v.

Bill