More Suspension/Shock ?'s

Hey List,

I also need to replace my front shocks and will most likely be going
with Bilstein...
Adirondack only lists the HD's for Scirocco's, but I know alot of you
are using the Sports...what's the difference/recommendations for 84 8v
daily driver.
If it matters, I currently have Autotech springs...about 6 years old
and *not* sagging :).

Also I don't know what is currently on the car (I think one of the Boge
or Sachs products...they are completely shot). Do you recommend getting
the complete strut or just the inserts up front? Is there any real
difference in the "PITA" factor on installation?

Are OEM strut bearings a good choice? Adirondack offers A1 style and A2
Heavy Duty bump stops. I'm probably going to get the A2 unless there is
a good reason not to. Or a better brand gets recommended.

I have never replaced shock before and All advice/information is
appreciated.

Tia,
-Keith