$50 airdam + free mk1 (81S) picked up...

Hey ya'll
Picked up the $50 81S from Ray in BHAM today.

I havent had a chance to empty it and check for rust and stuff nor take
pictures, but after a long day of picking up roccos and dragging em to ATL
just had to post.

Oh Tech day is going on over at my dad's gf's house for the next week if
anybody in ATL wants to come over. Brian's Shade tree repairs is
in business. A whole semester's worth of car repairs to do + rocco work
fixing Dodge Van, Opel Station wagon, 87 rocco (lots), 81S (lots.. FI
reinstall), junkyard exploring...

For Sale Xenon air dam black rubbery type. $45 + shipping (delivery free
to Cincy) pictures and details up soon. (just so I can say it was a $5 car
:-) )

the good
It is an 81S has the logo in th glove box
has a title.
all the glass is good.
all the glass seals are crack free (quick inspection)
it has a tilt sunroof -- 99% sure it is factory (loose gear -- bad seal)
didnt find much rust at first inspection
orignal color dark gray with red highlights
didnt find any stress cracks/rust on initail pass at the suspension points
only found a little surface rust.

the bad
Fuel injection replaced with a carb. from something.
Wiring under hood is very toasty. needs new one.
couldnt get it started.. dead battery.
ingnition switch broken
paint -- multi-color

the ugly
--the interior.
--front core support bent underneath on drivers side bottom twisted up
about 30-50 degrees toward back of car and pushed up about 1-3 inches on the
driver half. causing the radiator to sit really funny.
--passenger rear quarter panel light to medium impact. half ass repaired.
no bondo. pulled out out slide hammer (many drill holes)
--passenger door bondo around door handle. (door handle in trunk)
--(dont know exactly what part this is) the metal bit behind the hood and
infront of the windshield appears to have been repaired (rust?)
--no keys
--goober setup for starting car (here twist these two wires together get
+12V to coil and fan)
--multi-color primer/faded paint  =dabs of red.

Also there is a Golf GL for a possibility of stealing parts from will the
Fuel injection fit or should I go raid the junk-yard

rant.
Dammit I cant belive it while i was loading up my tools in the back of the
rocco (87) for transport put my damn KNEE thru the back-up lens ...
crap... knew they needed replaced but it wasnt on the I need fixed NOW
list. aaaahhhhh ... wondering what 8v lenses would look like on the back
of my very smooth very white rocco.

500+mi today hauling two rocco's and I put the dent in it.

Also The new TOW DOLLYS for UHAUL with the slide out ramps can be used to
haul slightly lowered 16v's without removal of any spoilers if you are
careful. and the toungue of the dolly is level. I did it on mine today and
had like 0.5"-1" clearance.

Brian

87 16v in ATL awaiting parts... still CV part duex...
81S new edition -- heap but not parts car status yet -- considering
offers/trades.
91 VFR750F -- coming outta hibernation shortly... And 1 muffler getting
repacked.