Re: {group buy) Autotech strut braces

In a message dated 3/29/01 10:55:00 PM Pacific Standard Time,
dbarwick@sprynet.com writes:

No, it doesn't do enough to replace the factory bar unless you are doing
serious autocrossing/racing.

I was considering this autotech brace for my Rabbit just because it directly
ties the rear control arm joints together. Now, normally I don't think this
would be a concern, but I was thinking that will more than twice stock power,
it might be. It seems like a much cheaper alternative to just bolt a peice of
flat steel between the rear joints to tie them together and stop the joints
from pulling apart (which would be what they would be trying to do under
power). Am I making sense here?

Mike
http://www.geocities.com/vwmikel - trust me, a replacement is on the way!
'84-Arkay Turbo Rabbit GTI
'84-Rabbit GTI
'77-Rabbit - project
'80-Scirocco S - (um... to be:1.9L crossflow, turbo, 6 speed, widebody?)