Re: 9.4 solid to 10.1 or 11" vented brake swap Q's

On Thu, 15 Mar 2001 06:44:50 -0500 Scott Williams <sfwilliams@home.com>
writes:

> Oh shnap. You're right. I forgot about the ball joint hole thing.
> That actually reared it's ugly head on my once when I was attempting to

> swap an a-arm hours before a big road trip. Where in the design are the

> '84 and up knuckles different to fit the 100mm, though? I don't see
> anything?
> --
> Scott F. Williams
> NJ Scirocco nut
> SCCA ProRally driver
> Hotrod Rabbit GTi

It's '85 and up, maybe '84.5 and up...

The only difference is that the inside of the hub carrier is larger to
accommodate the larger 100mm axle stub.

Peter
'79 Scirocco 16V project car
'83 GTI "Caged Rabbit", '84 GTI White For Sale
'84.5 Oddball Scirocco JH/FF
'79, '80, '84, '88 Scirocco rollers For Sale