Re: wheel extender things?

>Ok, I was wondering what the possibilities are for bringing the rear wheels
>out from the side of the car  bit, I really hate how they sit so far in
>under the fender.
>I'm not thinking of anything to drastic, I just want to move them out a
>little.
>But the questions I have are...
>1- How will it effect handling?
>2- Will it couse parts to wear out faster?
>3- What am I not thinking of?
>thanks.

They are called wheel spacers.  H&R makes some very nice hubcentric
ones. (the jury is still out on whether hubcentric matters).  I ran their
8mm spacers on the rear wheels for years with no ill handling effects.
However, with a big drop, and big wide wheels, and a loaded car going
over the right bumps, it did rub more with the spacers then it did
with out them.

==Brett

\/\/ '88 Scirocco 16v (Show), '92 Passat 16v (Winter+) | - brett@netacc.net