Re: wheel extender things?

	LIving in texas I get to see this done all the time on subarus, ford
mustangs, and hondas
	most of them get a SHIM kit and it pushes the shole wheel assembly 4-5
inches out.
	but I think if you talke to an allignment guy you can get the one that
are 1" thjck and set it like you want it to be.

	now for the question of handling, and this is not a professional nor
personall opinion but only a personal remark on what I have seen
	of all cars I have seen use shims to widen their track width, all had
problems with it (ie: lost of wheel, unable to perform high speed drives
(above 70mph) unable to  do  sharp turns.. etc)
	yes this affects your handling alot.

	gets information LOTS of ionformation from a professional garage with
a " If I dont like it " I get it changed back and refunded contrcat signed.

	my 2 cents worth.

On Sat, 24 Mar 2001 22:45:21 -0500, Josh[deady]Able said:

> Ok, I was wondering what the possibilities are for bringing the rear wheels
>  out from the side of the car  bit, I really hate how they sit so far in
>  under the fender.
>  I'm not thinking of anything to drastic, I just want to move them out a
>  little.
>  But the questions I have are...
>  1- How will it effect handling?
>  2- Will it couse parts to wear out faster?
>  3- What am I not thinking of?
>  thanks.
>

>  --
>  Email LIST problems to: scirocco-l-probs@scirocco.org.