Re: clutch questions

> now, i've run tests where i would go uphill and pound on the gas at the
> lower gears and there was no noticeable slipping. what are your
> experiences? does it sound like i need to do some work on the clutch?

  after replacing my clutch i didn't notice anything (except a much
better clutch and no bolts rattling around inside). most of the clutches
produced today don't wear away, they just mostly glaze or crack. my
thoughts are if you're going uphil and hit the gas, you may not slip it
because the clutch, et al, is already engaged. when it's up around 3k
while the clutch is at 0k, then you'll have slipping. most clutches do
slip a little bit (there are brass clutches that are either engaged or
disengaged, no in between), but nothing as bad as what yours sounds. can
you smell the clutch getting hot when you do a lot of stop and go
driving? do you have a manual adjust or self adjusting cable? i have to
agree with chris that it sounds like your cable. when was the clutch
last replaced and/or was it a learner clutch (someone just learning how
to drive a manual)? that might be your problem as well.

--
 /\_/\	  Foxx (in a box)
< o o >	  http://foxx.tripod.com