Re: Vibration (was Steering Rack Problems)

Actually, the vibration started (or got worse I should say) when I had my
new rims installed with my old tires (still about 50-60% tread left).  The
vibration was worse so I took it back and they balanced them again.  There
was a "slight" vibration before I did the wheel swap but not near as bad as
when I got it back.  I figured the "slight" vibration that I had would be
taken care of with the new wheels and fresh balance.  I had an alignment
done right after that with no difference (I had replaced a tie rod end and
wanted to make sure I was going straight before my 2500 mile trip).  So, now
I am questioning everything else.  I will check the CV axles but I just put
a new clutch in about 3 months ago when I did the 2nd gear synchro and I
remember them being tight.  Any other ideas??  TIA!

Dave

> Did you have the the shop check whether one or more wheels are slightly
> bent?  This is a problem I had with two of my teardrops.  The shop let me
> know that the rims were bent though and the said there would still be
> vibration even when they are balanced.
>
> HTH
>
> Josh
>

> >Hey all!
> >
> >I have a vibration and have replaced a tie rod, had the tires balanced
> >(twice, but I still am not satisfied with that), and had it aligned.
Drove
> >to L.A. this last week (got to see Kevin and Benton, had a great time!!!)
> >and it still vibrated.  I have a friend with the same problem on his
Rabbit