Re: Re-Re- Julies Pissed..

On Wed, 21 Mar 2001 21:11:27 -0500 "Julie Macfarlane"
<juliemac@interconnetix.com> writes:
>The explanation? The manifold holds the sensor and that is alloy.
>cannot be
>welded. It had to be removed from the car and a helicoil(?) added. The
>grand total for a clutch and O2 sensor change?
>
>$891.00 (with out KY)

See why I do it all myself? These guys were hacks. (which, unfortunately
I SEE all the time. And we wonder why the automotive business has a bad
reputation..... I digress.)
Well, they went about it the long way. I can see $400-500 for a clutch
job. A really good clutch job. The kicker is their labor rates. They need
to check themselves. I dunno, if it were me, id be talking to a manager
about the cost. its a bit excessive. I could build you a kick ass 8v
motor for that kind of money and you got what again?!
Sorry, I feel for ya.

Shawn Méze
86' Jetta GLi 8V       84' Scirocco 8V           88' Corvette -SS 30-
82' Scirocco GTi -FSP 54-     79' "Project FSP Scirocco"
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and best looking Scirocco in all of San
Diego!