Re: (OT) Car thieves

In a message dated 3/18/01 8:31:48 AM Pacific Standard Time,
kcollins1@socal.rr.com writes:

On the topic of car thieves, here's a lesson... there's a dude out west
here (up in NorCal actually) who has a 2000 Jetta that he had over $40k
into.. we're talking playstations, video screens in the headrests, massive
subs everywhere, HID lighting, cams, wheels, body kit, tacky aluminum trim
in the interior.. basically just about EVERYTHING that could be bolted into/
on his car, he had.  He was winning all the west coast shows, traveling up
and down the state.  Well he finally got hit - bad.  Here's the thread
and pics..

http://forums.vwvortex.com/vwbb/Forum1/HTML/015464.html

Sorry, but this guy is a dumbass. He spent way too much money on shit he
didn't need. Why the hell do I want a TV in my car? That's what my house is
for. All that shit just slows you down. Besides, it is foolish to invest so
much in something you cannot either watch 24-7, or pay to have watched 24-7
(home alarm company). If you're going to go all out and make a show car, you
need to have a nice spot in the garage to keep it the other 6 days of the
week. What the hell did he think was gonna happen, anyway? "yeah, I'm gonna
spend more money than I make in a year on my car, then take it to shows so
everyone knows what I have in my car...then I'll go park at this high-crime
theater....BRILLIANT!" Not that it doesn't suck, and I'm not sympathetic, but
I just can't feel sorry for people like that....he was a victim of his own
stupidity.

Mike
http://www.geocities.com/vwmikel - trust me, a replacement is on the way!
'84-Arkay Turbo Rabbit GTI
'84-Rabbit GTI - future DCI drag car
'77-Rabbit - project
'80-Scirocco S - (um... to be:1.9L crossflow, turbo, 6 speed, widebody?)