Re: (OT) Car thieves

On Mon, 19 Mar 2001 01:02:16 EST VWMikeLVW@aol.com writes:

>Sorry, but this guy is a dumbass. He spent way too much money on shit he

>didn't need. Why the hell do I want a TV in my car? That's what my house
is
>for. All that shit just slows you down.

I don't think he was a dumbass. he spent his money on things he wanted.
So what, its his life and it obvious made him very happy. Great for him.

>From his post to the page, it sounded like somebody in the dealership
might of made a copy of the key for themself or possibly snagged the
spare key in the center console? Did anyone else get that? Oh wait, a
spare key in the console.... that was a dumbass thing to do. if you lock
your keys in the car, um, the spare key is in there too... Ok, I retract
part of what I said, he did a dumbass thing there.
I myself think somebody broke the window (Note* picture of RR broken
window, exhibit 1.) got in the car, took out the spare key from center
console and drove the car away. Anyone else?

At the very least, he should of installed Lojac. Its very affordable
right now and its hard for a thief to find in the car. (find mine! I
cant!)

Car alarms are useless, end of story. An Autopage works good but only if
your within range of the car and you are AWAKE enough to hear it.

A car like his, should of had something to protect it. He had to of known
it was a potential target. My car isn't a show car, not even close. Just
thesamet, I take measures to protect it all the time. He got careless
which expedites the disappearance. The end result is tragic for him and
anyone else who this happens too. Being the victim of a car theft, by
ones own stupidity/carelessness or taking all precautions available, is a
personal attack. Bottom line, it sucks in a big fat hairy way.

Shawn Méze
86' Jetta GLi 8V       84' Scirocco 8V           88' Corvette -SS 30-
82' Scirocco GTi -FSP 54-     79' "Project FSP Scirocco"
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and best looking Scirocco in all of San
Diego!