Re: 9.4 solid to 10.1 or 11" vented brake swap Q's

On Wed, 14 Mar 2001 20:51:21 EST VWMikeLVW@aol.com writes:

>IMHO, 11's are unnecessary on such a light car.

Oh my gawd I cant imagine 11's on a MK-I. Ive driven one of the Audi A3's
(chipped 1.8T 11.0" brakes. Does everything fast!) and just waving your
foot over the brakes makes you stop on a MARK and gives you Phennings!
(Right dirk? LOL!!)

There is such a thing as having too much brake. You could have 15"
aircraft brakes on the car and if the tires can handle the amount of grip
that the brakes would generate, that's TOO much brake. I believe the only
way big brakes could manage being useful is in combination of ABS. Now
THAT would kick ass! 12.4's with ABS, SWEEET.

Potterman has the big ass TT brakes on his Passat 1.8T Wagon. I bet he
could out brake the lot of ya, easily! :)

Shawn Méze
86' Jetta GLi 8V       84' Scirocco 8V           88' Corvette -SS 30-
82' Scirocco GTi -FSP 54-     79' "Project FSP Scirocco"
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and best looking Scirocco in all of San
Diego!