Re: Cleaning up the shifting

You have lots of options when it comes to shifting.  You can (and should) at least change all the bushings out, this will make shifts smother to begin with.  If you are mechanically inclined, you can make your shorten the throw yourself by cutting the shifter down and attaching a shift knob with a set screw (a lot of people do this), and you can also shorten the L-shaped arm on the transmission, which is a little harder.  Or you can get an aftermarket short shift kit, shift weight, or tougher linkage (TSR, which Ron is getting a group buy together on).

Is this an 88 16v?  I like the seats that are already in it, I'm just going to get mine repaired.  The stock recaros have great bolsters, mine just need to be refurbished a little.  Much cheaper than getting brand new seats.

HTH
Joe