Re: Cleaning up the shifting

The guy said that the shift bushings were done already.  But wouldn't
that make some of the definition come back?  It was pretty bad.  A
short shift kit sounds like a good idea, but only after I get the rest
of it in better shape.

I really like the idea of aftermarket seats.  The front passenger seat
is broken anyways, so it will need replacing.  And a good race seat
should be more comfy, handle a harness better, and as a bonus, looks
cool!

On the other hand, I just got word of a 944 for sale with 166k for
about the same price.  hmmmm........

Nathan

--- Joe Doty <rocco2nr@hotmail.com> wrote:

You have lots of options when it comes to shifting.&nbsp; You can (and
should) at least change all the bushings out, this will make shifts
smother to begin with.&nbsp; If you are mechanically inclined, you can
make your shorten the throw yourself by cutting the shifter down and
attaching a shift knob with a set screw (a lot of people do this), and
you can also shorten the L-shaped arm on the transmission, which is a
little harder.&nbsp; Or you can get an aftermarket short shift kit,
shift weight, or tougher linkage (TSR, which Ron is getting&nbsp;a
group buy together on).</P>
<P>Is this an 88 16v?&nbsp; I like the seats that are already in it,
I'm just going to get mine repaired.&nbsp; The stock recaros have great
bolsters, mine just need to be refurbished a little.&nbsp; Much cheaper
than getting brand new seats.<BR><BR>HTH<BR>Joe</P>
<P>&gt;Well I am picking up the Scirocco this weekend, and my first
order of </P>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;business is to address the gearbox. It had incredibly
long throws, and
<DIV></DIV>&gt;was very nondefined. I couldn't even find first several
times. I
<DIV></DIV>&gt;assume a short-shift kit would help out a lot here. Any
suggestions?
<DIV></DIV>&gt;What about hanbdling the mushiness?
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Also, what seats do you guys recommend? I am looking to
get a nice
<DIV></DIV>&gt;clean Sparco or Momo. Cost would be the biggest factor,
but it would
<DIV></DIV>&gt;need to be fairly comfortable, have harness holes and
that whole bit.
<DIV></DIV>&gt;What kind of price range am I looking at?
<DIV></DIV><br clear=all><hr>Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at
<a