Re: The joy of snow ! <Story time><Long!>

XXSpArCoXx@aol.com wrote:

> Then I after deciding that the Impreza was a great stock car I
> decide to open up the Rocco on the parking lot that would make Rally Buff, Scott
> Williams proud!

That's right! You were "usually sideways". I *am* proud, gosh darn it... :^)

> Man I miss my Rocco. I think it would make a fun soft-core rally car or Ice
> racer. Anyone have experience with this stuff and Roccos?

I've seen two very competitive Mk1 Scirocco rallycars -never a Mk2 for
whatever reason. However, I'd build up an A2 Golf for
entry-level/intermediate rallying. The A1 cars are a) getting fewer and
farther between (making spares harder to find), and b) are relatively
deficient in suspension travel. The A2 also has that beefy subframe that
doesn't bend. Yum...

Okay, let's continue the A1 bashing. ;^) The Scirocco has the arguable
disadvantage of positioning the driver closer to the ground. Whereas the
Rabbit's more upright seating position makes it easier to see farther
down the road -a blessing. Then again, the Scirocco's lower center of
gravity lends to greater stability in the corners. Whatever the case,
I'd keep to doing hot laps in the parking lot with that little beastie.

:^)
--
Scott F. Williams
NJ Scirocco nut