Re: Air Dam Install - The right way... is what?

T Berk wrote:

> Kamei Scirocco I Front Air Dam     Part #46225
> Was wondering how one might mount it best, here are my thoughts to date:
> - The old one had thin double sided foam tape as well as screws, sounds
> like a good idea.

   Tosha, I'm not so sure the tape is a good idea. May make it difficult
to take the spoiler off in the future (depending on tape).

> - I forget who but someone mentioned screws up front but break-away
> plastic dowels on the sides, in case of harsh curb action, like those
> cement parking lot things.

    Yes, I used black plastic type dowels on the sides.  I even nailed a
curb not long ago and had 2 of em break but the spoiler was fine, minus
the scratch.  I *highly* recommend you dont use regular screws on the
side.  Head to a autoparts store and look for some sort of black
plug/dowel that might be used as interior bits on other vehicles.

> - It's black right now and I'm inclined to leave it as is, except a good
> cleaning and a deep Forever Black application. (Don't care for body
> colored bumpers, etc. myself). BUT- What about spraying it in some
> flexible black paint for stone worthiness?

    IMO, spoilers that have been painted bodycolor look much better.
When I had mine painted the painter used a flex agent in the clear-coat.
Might be something worth looking into.

> - The cut out isn't. In the future I'm installing an oil cooler and
> might route an air deflector pointing it's way, for now I'll prob. leave
> it as is. Do I need concern with overheating with the thing installed,
> (and not cut out) vs no troubles currently (and no air dam at all).

    Naw, I know 1 or 2 guys who run without the hole cut out and no
problems for them.

 Andre'
 Lime Green 79
 ICQ #76283458