Air Dam Install - The right way... is what?

Kamei Scirocco I Front Air Dam     Part #46225

I have one (2 actually) of these and I am just about ready to getting it
put on the Mk1.

Was wondering how one might mount it best, here are my thoughts to date:

- The old one had thin double sided foam tape as well as screws, sounds
like a good idea.

- I forget who but someone mentioned screws up front but break-away
plastic dowels on the sides, in case of harsh curb action, like those
cement parking lot things.

- It's black right now and I'm inclined to leave it as is, except a good
cleaning and a deep Forever Black application. (Don't care for body
colored bumpers, etc. myself). BUT- What about spraying it in some
flexible black paint for stone worthiness?

- The cut out isn't. In the future I'm installing an oil cooler and
might route an air deflector pointing it's way, for now I'll prob. leave
it as is. Do I need concern with overheating with the thing installed,
(and not cut out) vs no troubles currently (and no air dam at all).

tia,
TBerk
On Topic Percentage climbing