Re: TDI crank - 4 sale?

The TDI has been used in North America since the '97 Passat.  It's been
used in Jettas (98+), New Beetles (98+) and Golfs (99+)

If you find still in a yard, they probably don't know what they have, and
if they do, expect that crank to be pretty expensive (ie you might just
have to buy the whole motor to get it.)

Although it's a job, the TDI is a dream of a swap for any diesel
application.

It would be a real blast in a Scirocco - stock they're 90hp and 145 (or
149) lb-ft of torque at 1900 rpm, and they're easily chippable to
110hp/185 lb-ft, and are tuneable to much higher than that.  When these
engines become dime a dozen, I'm going to pick me up a nice clean Corrado
for a swap.

Anyways, back to the matter at hand.

Drew (84 Wolfsburg, 99 A3 Jetta TDI family car)

On Mon, 5 Mar 2001, T Berk wrote:

> J Miller wrote:
> >
> > yes   i know of some one who has one for sale under 700
> > jonas

Drew MacPherson, Network Analyst, University of Guelph

drew@dyermaker.cs.uoguelph.ca           |  visit the Massey-Harris page:
http://dyermaker.cs.uoguelph.ca/~drew   |  http://m-h.cs.uoguelph.ca